Advantages of LinkedIn
Over 60 million professionals use LinkedIn’s professional online network to exchange information, ideas and opportunities. The advantages of LinkedIn for business professionals are numerous:
- Find the people and knowledge you need to achieve your business & professional goals.
- Better manage and control your professional identity online.
- Stay informed about your contacts and industry using LinkedIn Updates.
- Reach out to contact hiring managers and placement consultants directly using the InMail feature and enhance your career opportunities.
- Browse the Jobs Directory and LinkedIn Job Postings.
- See a full list of who has viewed you profile — not everyone who has some professional interest in you may contact you immediately, but if you are keen and get in touch, you may uncover some great hidden opportunities!
- Ask questions and seek advice — take advantage of the experience and expertise of this vast professional community online!
- Answer questions to don your “expert’s hat” and give your reputation another shining touch!
- Use direct advertising with a LinkedIn ad that will be viewed only by the target audience you specify.
- If you have a blog and are strapped for good content, find possible guest bloggers on your LinkedIn network and invite them to post comments to your blog.
- Improve your Google page rank by making your LinkedIn Profile available for indexing by search engines.
- Use the search feature to find people by company, industry and city. This way you can research your prospects before meeting or contacting them.
These are only a dozen advantages of LinkedIn and the power in using this social media tool; there are many more and growing by the day! LinkedIn is evolving to meet the needs of business professionals.
Don’t forget to publicize your LinkedIn URL on every possible touch point — on your marketing collateral, your business card, in your email signature, sign-off line in your email newsletters, on your website(s), flyers and brochures, and anywhere that customers, prospects, potential employers, business associates and partners can learn more about you.